The purpose of the Solo Competition is to help students refine their solo repertoire and encourage the study and performance of solo repertoire. The solo competition is open to all participants and all workshop students will observe the compeition.
1. Audition piece must be memorized.
2. Students must audition with piano accompaniment.
3. Students must provide their own accompanist. Students are free to use a Workshop accompanist, however they are responsible for the accompanist's fee.
4. The piece must be no longer than 10 minutes.
5. First Place winner from the previous year is ineligible.
6. Solos only - no ensembles
7. Pay a $10 entrance fee.
8. Application Due July 25, 2017.
1st place: Trophy & solo performance (with piano) at the final concert.
2nd place: Trophy & solo performance (with piano) at the final concert
3rd place: Trophy
*additional prize items may be offered which are to be determined.
Competition Date: Saturday, August 19, 2017
Application available here:!