Monday August 13th - Saturday August 18th 2018
Registration is now open!
Register by June 18th to secure your spot and save $10.
Join our mailing list to receive news, updates, and other information.
We have a limited number of spots for students, so please register early. Registrations received after June 18th will be considered as space allows.
1. At least one year of study on instrument.
2. There are no specific age requirements, however most students are age 10 to adult. Playing ability is more relevant than age.
3. Able to read music.
4. Suzuki students should be late book 1 and up
5. Should be able to play scales
6. Able to practice independantly
7. Must learn all assigned music before coming to workshop
Please following the audition requirements below:
1. A two to three octave major scale
2. A polished solo piece that shows your ability. The piece should be less than 10 minutes. If it is longer, please play an excerpt from the piece.
3. The scale and the piece should be recorded in two separate videos.
4. Upload the videos to YouTube as "Unlisted" and include the link with your application.
5. If preferred, students may also submit their videos by dropbox or other online storage. After uploading the videos to your personal dropbox account, include a link to it below. Dropbox is a free online storage service. Click here for a short video explaining how to share your file with dropbox.
6. Students will be confirmed of thier participation in the workshop by June 30th. (Students who are not accepted will receive a refund minus a $10 for processing fee.)
The video quality is not important and can be recorded with a cell phone or camcorder, it just needs to have clear audio. The video is also important to help with placement in chamber groups and assigning repertoire. If necessary, there may also be further placement screening on the first day of the workshop.
Workshop Solo Competition
The purpose of the Workshop Solo Competition is to encourage students who enjoy studying and performing solo repertoire. ClickHere for more information.
Receive an additional $5 discount for other family members. The $5 discount will be reflected during the registration. A separate registration is required for each family member.